10:00 - 17:00
Kirche St. Lambertus
Already in the 13th century there must have been a "capella" in Morshausen. The first visitation protocol of 1569 also names the patron saint of the chapel, namely St. Lambertus. In 1739, the present church was built as a vaulted hall building by master mason Johann Neurohr from Boppard. Already on May 3, 1740 the new church could be solemnly consecrated. In the following years, the church received the new magnificent church pews, which were made and artistically decorated by the Morshausen master carpenter and woodcarver Simon Jakob Caster in the "Zopfstil". In 1947 the first confirmation is said to have taken place in the new church. The tower of the branch chapel initially remained standing, but was torn down in 1848 and rebuilt on the same site. In 1854 the church was restored inside and got colored windows. In 1889 painters from Trier restored the church. In 1899, a pedal harmonium was purchased with donations from the citizens. At the beginning of the 20th century there were three bells in the tower. In 1917, due to the war, the two smaller bells from 1844 and 1846 had to be delivered, the larger one from 1430 remained in the church. It was not until 1926 that a three-part peal rang out again in Morshausen. The bell founder Mabilon from Saarburg delivered the three new bells for 1400 Marks, whereby he took the old bell for 450 Marks in payment. On 9.5.1926 the solemn consecration took place. The largest bell is dedicated to the Holy Trinity, the second to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the third to the Blessed Virgin Mary. During the Second World War these bells did not have to be surrendered because they are made of gunmetal, but there was great damage to the church during the last hostilities. In 1949 the completely destroyed church windows could be replaced. The church tower, which was badly damaged by artillery fire in March 1945, was repaired by roofers only in 1950. In 1961, an oil-fired air heater was installed, which was replaced by electric storage heaters in 1971. In 2014, a gas heating system was installed. In 1976, the church received a new interior paint job, the sanctuary was remodeled, and the gallery was completely renovated. In 1983, the wooden floor was replaced and the pews and steps to the gallery were repaired. In 1988 the church roof was re-roofed, the outer church doors were renewed and a lightning protection system was installed. In the jubilee year 1990 (250 years) an electronic chime was installed in the bell tower.